Cats or small dogs in the cabin may be permitted under the following conditions:
- The animal must be in a suitable, leak-proof lockable cage and remain in its container throughout the entire flight.
- The cage shall have an auxiliary small door through which the animal shall be serviced during the flight.
- The container plus the animal must not weight more than 8 kgs. The Pet cage must be no larger than 55cm n length, 40cm in height and 23cm in width to fit the space under the seat.
- The container /cage MUST remain on the floor throughout the flight and cannot be placed on a passenger seat at any time.
- The seat assigned for this purpose shall be a window seat, so that when the cage/ bag is placed/secured under the seat, so access to the aisle is not restricted for any of the occupants of that seat row.
- Pets must be accompanied by their owners and agreed to be seated in the rear rows of the aircraft.
- The owner must have all necessary documentations and health book ready for inspection at the check-in. (i.e. ID micro chip, Pet Passport, anti-rabies vaccination etc.).
- Pet and kennel must meet hygiene-conditions (i.e. clean and odor free).
- The animal must be minimum 105 days old in order to be accepted for transportation.
Note: Failure to pre-advice the Company may result in the service being unavailable on arrival at the airport and the passenger being unable to travel on their booked flight.
Please see below for Certain breeds that are forbidden for transport:
- American Pit Bull Terrier
- American Staffordshire Terrier
- Staffordshire Bull Terrier
- Bull Terrier (Miniature Bull Terriers are not considered fighting dogs)
- American Bulldog
- Caucasian Ovcharka (Caucasian Shepherd Dog)
- Dogo Argentino Karabash (Kangal Dog) (Anatolian Shepherd Dog)
Snub –Nosed Animals
Snub-nosed dogs and cats are not hot-weather animals and have difficulty in regulating a normal body temperature in hot weather; therefore, these animals are very sensitive to heat and suffer of respiratory and breeding problems.
These respiratory problems can be increased under high-stress situations.
As a precaution, Cobalt will not accept them as checked baggage or as air cargo due to their inability to breathe easily and cool themselves down.
Certain snub-nosed breeds may be allowed for Pet in Cabin transportation, if they meet the criteria. Please refer to Cobalt Air call center for more details.
The following embargo list of brachycephalic dog/cat breeds is applicable on Cobalt Flights:
Affenpinscher, American Bully, American Staffordshire Terrier, Boston Terrier, Boxer (All breeds), Brussels Griffon, Bulldog (All breeds), Cane Corso, Chow Chow, Dogue De Bordeaux, English Toy Spaniel, Japanese Chin, Lhasa Apso, Mastiff (All breeds), Pekingese, Pit Bull, Presa Canario, Pug (All breeds), Shar Pei, Shih Tzu, Staffordshire Terrier, Tibetan Spaniel