A rapidly growing Cypriot Airline is looking for a candidate to join the management team as Head of Commercial.
This a high-level position whose occupant will be responsible for all the commercial and marketing activities of the company. The role will require a combination of skills in sales, marketing, and network planning.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The Head of Commercial will be the interface between the customers and the airline and drive revenue targets through the defined commercial objectives.
He/she will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer and assist the Director of Strategic Business Development in key decisions which affect the current and future position of the company in the airline market.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: (Including but not limited to)
- Lead the commercial personnel and establish effective processes and procedures
- Manage all company sales and marketing activities
- Increase sales as to achieve revenue targets
- Handle commercial activities in the base and the outstations
- Manage the network expansion of the company through proven planning techniques
- Analyze markets and decide on establishment or abolishment of routes
- Develop a commercial model which accurately tracks route profitability
- Determine the economic viability of routes
- Prepare the winter and summer schedules
- Participate in the fleet planning decisions
- Evaluate the competition and propose measures for market share sustainability
- Develop long and short term marketing plans
- Ensure systems, policies and procedures are performing up to the set standards
- Develop and maintain a close relationship with the company’s sales partners
- Manage customer complaints and contribute to the branding of our product
- Establish and monitor progress against key performance indicators.
- Make cost effective use of all distribution channels
CORE COMPETENCIES & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Hold a University degree (postgraduate degree in business related subject is considered an advantage)
- Fluent in the English language
- Have strong managerial skills
- Have proven track record of sales, marketing, and route development
- Be experienced in long-haul operations
- Be experienced in reservation systems
- Have at least 15 years of experience in the commercial activities of the airline sector
- Be able to troubleshoot and make timely key decisions
- Be creative, analytical with organizational skills
- Be committed to working with various other departments within the company
- Have the ability to supervise and manage multiple projects/assignments at the same time
An attractive salary plus medical cover will be offered to the successful candidate.
If you meet all the above requirements and are interested in this position, please forward us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org stating above Ref. in the subject.