This is Cobalt Air’s sponsorship policy. It gives guidance on what we can and cannot support in terms of the project itself and the organisations involved. Please read this before making an application for sponsorship. Remember that we consider every sponsorship request on its merit.
Sponsorship is "the payment of a fee or payment in kind by a company in return for the rights to a public association with an activity, item, person or property for mutual commercial benefit”. Sponsorship is a business agreement, not a gift.
Sponsorship is not a donation with nothing in return, or a discount for normal goods or services.
▪ consider all sponsorship requests in an open and even-handed way and measure the request against our sponsorship assessment criteria
▪ enter into a sponsorship contract with organisations we sponsor
▪ only consider sponsorship agreements with organisations whose products, policies and values align with the strategic objectives and values of Cobalt Air
▪ consider the other organisations involved if there is to be more than one sponsor and in particular how other sponsors ‘fit’ with Cobalt Air
▪ ensure the confidentiality of client records through any sponsorship agreement (under no circumstances will Cobalt Air provide access to client records or databases)
▪ require evidence of how sponsorship income is used
▪ consider unsolicited sponsorship proposals
We will not
▪ allow sponsorship agreements to influence the policies or procedures of Cobalt Air
▪ use sponsorship agreements to gain favourable terms from any organisation
▪ enter into sponsorship agreements with any organisation which is in legal or financial conflict with Cobalt Air or which connects Cobalt Air with any political party or pressure group
▪ imply any exclusive arrangement between Cobalt Air and the sponsor
We would require any sponsored project to
▪ display the Cobalt Air brand on any publicity – this includes brochures, advertising, website, exhibition materials, signage, information packs, etc
▪ mention Cobalt Air in all press releases and media activity
▪ make available materials or reports produced as part of the project to Cobalt Air staff
▪ showcase our products and services. We would expect exhibition space at any event we sponsor
If the project/event identifies potential customers for Cobalt Air services we would require their contact details in order to follow up with them.
If you’d like to apply for possible sponsorship support from Cobalt Air read our checklist. This includes the type of things we need to know to evaluate a sponsorship application. Use the checklist to structure your application to us.